Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What I am drawing now



Just follow the lines...
Since last year I started to draw many straight lines and they get into my mind often more and more. I want to mix with emotional lines but I found the balance is a bit lost, feeling of too stiff as if this is some kind of architecture drawing. Maybe this is what it should be with my mind state at the moment. This one is a shape of whale in modern building and I started to paint in my drawing. I am curious how these things will turn out from now on. I changed the paper size to the biggest in the store I could buy. What makes me ridiculous is no matter what size the paper is I always draw from head to toe in full. I guess I am not a good compositor. Many years I tried to draw in small papers due to my not settled life style. But then lately again I have a desire to draw bigger... well. I think this feeling came from instagram which I started in Jan this year. Maybe I think of exhibition...

Instagram I do is for the business. There is my desire to be shown to more people so I can support myself for living. I also hired "socialgrow" to help me out for a month after I tried 3 different free services. This service doesn't comment or follow others, they just click to 'likes' to the other artists. Until recently I didn't know how to check what they like for me but lately I learned to check them in regular bases. It makes me horrified sometimes because they gave likes to something I'd never want stuff and other times they were very helpful. I have to admit that the service was really helpful to start and to save my time. But I am thinking to stop the service from tomorrow when contract t is done. Now I am already more than 800 people. That is enough for now and I think it needs more time to settle. I am sure that business is not my strong point at all but I understand that modern artists need to use the tools that gives opportunities to show more at least. I miss oil paintings but in this new place it is impossible to paint... so I will paint in my drawings now.
Heron and boat drawing from the notebook
*Visit my insta @artandspirits

No comments: