Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Focus on self



When I started this painting last year, I was thinking of depressed person who doesn't see where he really is... The great nature is covered by his own mind and there is mental pressure down on his being. The only thing he feels is a pain. It seems like he is focused with his pain only and nothing else does matter. It's about narrow vision. Still living in la caverna de Planton.

This year I was thinking of this person's pain again about his difficulty to break that emotion. Because even if he noticed the surface glass just in front of himself, there are still deep habitual pattern of behaving and karmic debts to understand.

I often think about the situation when Jeanne d'arc was in prison before she was burned at the age of eighteen. Spirits were giving her everything she needed but I could guess how she could be insecure and scared time to time as a human being. Trust is to earn with inner strength which can only happens when heart understands love.

What I want to express through this painting process is at least to look around where we live and what we have. Why we are so needy... How useless to have ambition and success from self interest. And how hard to see this corruption has all started from inside of me.


Last year I didn't do much work and I wonder if this year can be a bit different. Well as long as I continue there actually is no problem. If I can do it I do it, if I can't do it I don't do it. What else should I expect from myself?

No comments: