Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Rust covered all over the iron


Monk BupJung's teaching moves me deeply lately. "The rust comes from the iron but eventually it swallows the iron." I see my materialism, how it works and where it goes. He is saying 'non possession' but it does not mean that we need nothing instead we do not need unnecessary things. To clear stuff around me is not an easy task at first even though I've been doing this so many times. Each time has been different though. And the most difficult thing is to clear them from my mind. I need to understand profoundly why I don't need so many.

From Maharshi's words I found a boost of understanding. "If desire can be got rid of by satisfying it, there will be no harm in satisfying such a desire. But desires generally are not eradicated by satisfaction. Trying to root them out that way is like trying to quench a fire by pouring inflammable spirits on it. At the same time, the proper remedy is not forcible suppression, since such repression is bound to react sooner or later into a forceful surging up of desires with undesirable consequences. To proper way to get rid of a desire is to find out 'Who gets the desire? What is its source?' When this is found, the desire is rooted out and it will never again emerge or grow."

I've always thought that since I am not a monk and I have very little desire compare to greedy and rich people, I do not have a problem. But finally when greedy of my mind showed up I was able to see myself as rusted iron. I feel ashamed to look at stars. I asked myself today why I need to compare myself to others? What I want is here and what I don't want is there obviously.

Krishnamurti's concerning of 'self image' also claims through my mind all together. Whenever wanting to buy something there has been all along self image behind. "The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge the process."I don't know how far my freedom is or how closer my mind is... It really do not matter to me. I just keep walking and not looking back. I never keep my diary but this Journal has been too long years! I decided to discontinue most of my internet activities except Etsy Shop. This is what I want: let myself free from the internet world now. Cheers to new discovery of gravitational waves!  À quel point le monde est un miracle incroyable...

No comments: