Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

my subject analysis






people : individual or relationships but not that much groups of people (always prefer someone I like deeply)
landscape: light, trees, roads... but not so much architect. I don't feel the beauty of architect. strange!
seascape: boats, waves, sea sky, surfing, wind surfing, swimming but not so much detailed ships.
still life : I like it but not so much compared with other things.
animals : individual mostly symbolic. like other objects e.g. piano, violin stuff are much more symbolic to me.
specially birds and sea animals are my favorites.
sky : yes!!!
movement : falling, running and natural movements I prefer.
light and shadow : yes and no. It depends. I love Edward Hopper and I love Peter Doig... so.... I love to try both ways.
style : I don't want to paint like photo depicting and neither blurry abstracts. I want to make my painting to have feelings of life's true face which was hidden, invisible but we all feel that it is there thing, in my own way. how? I don't know yet.



This coming week I want to make many sketches from my childhood pictures using pen and acrylic. This is my brother and me around the year of 1973. I didn't finish yet. I found one artist, Hope Gangloff, who gave me a bit of inspirations. His style is totally modern and illustrative but still I love to try pencil drawings to make games like design.

2 comments:

SnOOp said...

I really love this sketch. Great work

Art and Spirits said...

Thank you for your kind word.