Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

breaking familiarity


This unfinished painting is about the self awareness, it started from the Helios world origin story and as most of my work does, I waited for awhile how this will inspire me. Oil painting is a bit like cooking to me. I do brush work and have to wait for a while until every colors settle in the canvas. I struggle to express a snake here. I have not much experiences with snake but using my imagination would be alright. The thing is I love to be sincere with what my objects look like but then I never really want to paint exact shapes which calls reality painting. Between real form and image I seek a good balance in my own way using my own view.

Time to time I tend to fall in love with dead people quite intensely. The month of October I was totally lost in the world of Jiddu Krishnamurti. Can we describe the depth of ocean through what we perceive moment by moment and not by thoughts? How one can explain the perception so close to the real and actually say it... what kind of ability is that? And when he said he can't describe the state of loosing one's identity... I know somehow that is the final truth I can ever imagine within me. I just don't know because I am not there. His teaching broke free some of fences in my brain. He brought me a brighter torch on my mind..

This year Autumn has been blessed and slowly falling leaves are all around on the ground of Bissieres. They are there without effort, without name, unnoticed and totally in silence ready to be fade away but such a beauty they make all together! How these ordinary shapes and all different colors make this such perfect beauty and why we need artists for ?!!!? I ended up wondering...


No comments: