Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Nikola Tesla and skateboard


Who invented Electric light bulb? Thomas Edison NON ! It was Nikola Tesla. Ok, Dc was developed by Edison and Ac was developed by Nikola precisely talking. The result is Nikola contributed much more than Edison scientifically morally and many of my friends and people around me still don't have the slightest idea about who is Nikola Tesla. On July my dates are reserved with Nikola Tesla and my new skateboard. My expression of drawing makes him more gentle than sharp image. Since I've learned his life story many questions kept coming to my little brain world. I mean... I really mean that how could he die penniless, alone and without any reward in that shabby hotel room.... But then I understand... I started to understand from the bottom of my heart and the understanding of the reason makes me scared.

I was also very much curious how his mental state would have been through toward his end of life time. I got the book " my invention" which was written when he was 63 years old. I couldn't know his last mental state. However through this book I could guess that he
wasn't a kind who live with bitter heart about his situation. I know instinctively his priority wasn't on material world. I mean 'at all'.... The book starts saying "Its ultimate purpose is the complete mastery of mind over the material world, the harnessing of the forces of nature to human needs."

Spiritual people yes but scientists???Nikola was spiritual and scientific in certain ways ! I've never heard before. And again a real gift binds with pure mind.... Light strikes me deeply in my being. And the thing is that he had enough strength to carry all the struggle events with his peaceful mind. Of course it is not so difficult to imagine there could have been lots of moments of panic and anxiety through all rocky roads passing time...  For example when Edison made a trick, he didn't make any other effort to accuse him or to revenge him. Same with Marconi Guglielmo. Much later he got upset with Marconi but those people's tricks never got the focus of his mind. He called them small people. Because he understood that he didn't have to put his energy to accuse them. He understood and trusted to future and truth. For him putting his energy into right direction is the most important. This is "strength". Not many or even few people possess this power. The profound reward was in his great pleasure through the achievement of creations which can only felt by himself by that time and mostly surrounded by enemies who kept secret jealousy in their dark mind when they faced better, gifted and stronger minded person ( probably this is a human nature?).

When I read an article of Alex Knapp from Forbe site I got upset, he said Nikola wasn't God and Edison wasn't the devil. And Oatmeal made a clear answer about his article. I mean Edison wasn't that bad and Nikolas wasn't that good? So they are equal in a way, don't make fuzz around? I just wondered if some people miss the point there. For how many years we had been in deceived truth, that is the point. And a person who can trick you over money... no matter what he is not the person who deserve to be revered. Role of devil is a hard worker and very sincere with his deals, he cares dearly his own family, just doesn't care other people. For me this is the role of devil enough. When I was young my mom used to tell me how Edison was a great inventor so we have lights on our home. Now we think Edison is a kind of cheater because the true facts were revealed. Fair enough to me! The quality of Nikola is laying on "not expecting immediate result and not even in his living time on earth", to me this makes him as a whole integrity. What's more Nikola controlled and suppressed his unnecessary emotions to focus on his work and kept filled his passion of work until he died. His life was a sacrifice to make this world better. This is not an ambition, this is a pure sense of love.

This century I am living in is really great. I can feel that many of these changing things were not possible in any past time. I am very grateful to live now and learn Nikola's life. And I got my new skateboard few days ago. It has been several months that I had a desire. When Vivian bought my 5 prints, I decided to buy this skate and I did ! I had a big fall because I was trying kick turn on my very first day. Stupid or brave? Now I go slowly, concentrate to make good balance and life is sweet and sweating.

* (update) Recently I read his last articles which gave me the impression that he (with perfect functioning ordered scientific brain) wouldn't announce that spiritual world exists. There was no way he could prove spirituality. Still he encountered many inexplicable spiritual life events and one of his stories which he put his life purpose on that white pigeon tells me that he just couldn't help himself to be ridiculous as a scientist. I don't know his sacrifice not taking any woman in his life was the right thing for his own development as a human being whereas surely it brought the greatest accomplishment for world inventions and therefore for more than millions people's benefit in this world .

He was totally alone and financially broken without love by another human being in his last years (it was a such strength I admire the most).. But he shut down the other world which existed beside him and in that sense he was doomed with dark and cold reality. I just imagine what if he released some of his suppressed soft side of his nature in his last years... well I know it is impossible as who he is but what if he has lived in a change course of life.... If there was (instead of pigeon) someone who was there and made warm his frozen old heart. Would he still say that soul and spirit are just functioning of body to perished...? Probably?.... or not.

Sometimes I feel that I say and write things but not aware how much those words mean... When I write I strongly feel but when I live on those words, they often come back after my wrong thoughts or actions. Or sometimes I come to understand much later why they should have lived the way they did for some reasons. This is why to judge others is not the right thing but to make clear distinctions between right and wrong should exist. The loner genius Nikola gave me a whole month to think about life and work.... He was my first haunting scientist.

The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes.



No comments: