Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

angel station


Here again my poster will be in Angel london metro station for two weeks. Last year I started to work with this artbelow team and what I like about is the place I can show my work. It is not a private gallery, it is subway station so my work is shown to people who could be working regular hours, who could be tired after finishing work and who are not much giving thoughts to art in their life. Actually it could be anyone! I mean regular people, working class and not only exclusive people. Of course first my idea was about to promote my work but then I started to think in fact this is where I wanted to show my work hoping tired people to feel a relief even just a minute. And that's what Banksy is doing. I admire him and all street artists.

Lately my painting colors in oil are about to change. Before I never really thought about the effects each layer of colors, meaning I put one layer to another because I worship the depth in oil paintings but they were all hidden and it seemed all pure colors were gone into thick heavy wall completely buried. Sacrifice and unity were probably in my head as the most important thing but it needs a space to breath and also if one individual layer has its own beauty to shine then it has to remain as it is among all. Doesn't need to be hidden. It could be another way to unite! Enfin, very very and very slowly I started to feel the way to manipulate the layers, so they still keep alive with their traces and colors and when they are used as their own and connected under or upper on others, this bestows space as well. Magic?! After all it depends on my senses which layer should be remained and which should not be and occurring question again is how to keep the depth as well or making even more.


No comments: