Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

between drawing and design



Lately I develop my lines to be more simple than before my drawings. What I see is the liaison between one to another line. Not one single line is alone. There my eyes are fixed on sublime beauty occurring moment to that bridge between. But these are outline work which means a surface making job i am doing. I have to keep myself away from illustration because I feel that I have to stay as a designer and a painter but not an illustrator. (only because for me illustration is a story telling.) My drawings are to deliver the 'moment' not sticky life story.

Even life is not that simple I love to be simple as my way to live and work. I used to sing for normal life but now I look back, the dream I had as such normal life is not for me.
By the way what is normal... anyways.

I haven't touched oil paintings quite some time now. Something is blocked my mind and my channel is right now set up for design stuff. I can stay on the surface with it. Only line and techniques get on my work table at the moment, but I always use my memories when I draw these simple lines. For example on this drawing, I have a cuban friend, Mochi and this guy mouth expression comes from him who loves music and dance. (as all cubans do.) Without my loving experiences in life I guess all the subject I draw would never be the same as now. I am sure of it. Even though I said techniques, they are from my heart. I am lucky enough to have all those loving memories. Well... hopefully I can make oil paintings soon because I feel that I lost some important things in my heart.... can't help it. I need to understand something, not so sure the reason.



No comments: