Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In the middle of the year...


biarritz surfing trip.


When people keep repeating
That you'll never fall in love
When everybody keeps retreating
But you can't seem to get enough

When everything feels all over
When everybody seems unkind
I'll give you a four leaf clover
Take all the worry out of your mind

I have the only key to your heart
I can stop you falling apart
Try today, you'll find this way
Come on and give me a chance to say

Let my love open the door
It's all I'm living for
Release yourself from misery
There's only one thing gonna set you free
That's my love

Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
Let my love open the door
To your heart

When tragedy befalls you
Don't let it drag you down
Love can cure your problems
You're so lucky I'm around


Eric Tabarly

Last year i decided not to paint a portrait unless i know someone really well or someone i really like... So i almost stopped to make portraits. But in Eric's case... i couldn't control my desire even though i've never met him in my life... I feel like i've known him forever. His life story gives me lots of strength and courages for me to go on my life here. This is one of my thanks for him to have lived the way man should live in this world.
















I was thinking many nights before fall in sleep how eric had been died at that night.... That strong man who has possessed such invincible will in his whole life and who has loved "pen duick" with ardent dedication was pushed away by his lover pen duick... can i say its a betrayer by his pen duick? What destiny made him lived passionatly and killed hiim helplessly when he still has warm breath in his muscular body unprepared for death. What he was thinking while the pen duick was slipping away from his sight without him and he knew it was the last glimpse in his life.... How he died while he was having still a bright consciousness in that wild stormy night..... How .... people here simply say that his death was one of the best way to die as a sailor.... Is it? Obviously it's much awarding than die in bed sick... but still... the question haunts me even now during the day....





For me, this is one of kinds a real love... They can feel each other even though they are not together. They achieved strong will and independent rhythums of live and when they are together they know that they are home for each other. The house Eric rebuilt stone by stone now lived by Jacqueline and their daughter, remained with sorrows...but their love song would never disappear and makes unchangable beautiful touch through our hearts... Each time I paint this I Had to cry.... I just couldn't help myself feeling her emotion, She miss him so much....

No comments: